Magento 2 is a trusted e-commerce software and platform all around the world. It offers a full-featured website with little effort. That is the reason why many popular brands such as Byredo, Rubie’s, Case-mate, Lara Bohinc, etc are using it.
Magento 2 offers numerous benefits such as:
- Improved marketplace
- Improved checkout
- Easy integration with Google Tag Manager
- Customizable data grids in admin
- Built-in full page caching
- Streamlined product and attribute configuration
- Fully-responsive web design, etc.
The truth is, Magento 2 has come to stay. It is the future because it contains valuable features which makes it the best platform for e-commerce. If you know Magento 1, it is easy for you to quickly learn it. Even if you don't know Magento 1, the courses and resources below will help you out.
The thing is, why do you want to pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to learn Magento 2 when you can receive high quality, interactive, web-based Magento training at a fraction of the cost?
Below are excellent courses and training resources that will enable you to learn Magento 2.
1. Mastering Magento 2
Mastering Magento 2 is a video course developed by Sergii Ivashchenko. The course teaches how to:
- Create Magento 2 module from scratch, utilizing the newest framework features
- Use newest Magento 2 features for fast and comfortable development
- Learn the best Magento 2 development patterns and approaches
- Introduce your customizations to Magento 2 functionality without conflicts with extensions
The course explains how you can implement the important parts of Magento 2 framework, how they work and how you can use them. It explores module implementation and core functionality customization, showing Magento 2 development patterns and approaches. It also teaches the best practices for developing Magento 2 applications. It teaches what you need to know as a Magento 2 developer.
The course contains in-depth content that is balanced with demos and examples that will help you to practice what you learn. It focuses on giving you the understanding and practical knowledge that will help you to master Magento 2 framework and how you can use them.
It is a video course containing 3 hours and 52 minutes of training.
2. Building Payment Integration in Magento 2
This course is a step by step training on how you can build payment integration in Magento 2. It is developed by Pronko Consulting Team who has built notable Magento payment extensions such as Realex payment, Elavon payment, PagSeguro payment, Converge payment etc.
The course teaches how to build high-quality payment integration for Magento 2 platform. At the end of the course, you will be able to plan, architect, develop and test payment integration based on real payment provider.
The course contains 10 modules:
- Building a simple payment integration
- Building payment integration with a redirect to a payment website
- Building transparent payment integration
- Building additional payment features
- Adding 3D Secure support
- Adding Credit Card support
- Adding Fraud checks support
- Building advanced reporting
- Wrapping up
The good thing about the course is that you get to watch the first few introduction videos for free.
3. Magento Devchannel
The Magento Devchannel is a YouTube video channel where you can learn Magento 2 for free. It is owned by Max Pronko and it contains several episodes, such as:
- How to install Magento 2 with sample data via command line
- How to create my first Magento 2 Module
- Useful CLI commands for Magento 2 Developers
- How to create Hello World module in Magento 2
- How to work with Customer Attribute in Magento 2 - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5
- Magento 2 Migration - Tips and Tricks, Magento Imagine 2017
- How to build custom theme in Magento 2.
Above are resources that will further broaden your knowledge about Magento 2. The Magento Devchannel is updated every week and you can subscribe to the Magento Devchannel YouTube to get fresh tutorials every week.
4. Fundamentals of Magento 2 Development (On-Demand)
The Fundamentals of Magento 2 Development course introduce developers to the Magento 2 Platform. The course is designed for developers who want to build skills in working with the new Magento 2 architecture, terminology and core functionality.
At the end of the course, students will be able to know the terminology and core functionality of Magento 2, learn to set up new modules and new configuration variables, be familiar with Magento 2 customization techniques such as plugins, interceptors, and observers, create custom controllers, override controller action and carry out basic operations and layouts.
The course is made of up six units:
- Preparation and configuration
- Request flow
- Service contracts
Each unit takes 6-8 hours to complete.
5. Magento 2 Open Source - Merchant Training Boot Camp - 3 days
The Magento 2 boot camp is a three-day boot camp training that will help you to build your knowledge and experience in Magento 2 e-commerce system. The course is based on Magento 2 open source.
It is specifically designed for administrators, merchants and e-commerce managers who would like to know how to minimize the need for support from their developers. The course can prepare you for the Magento Certified Solution Specialist exam.
- The overview of the Magento catalogue
- Creating and managing attributes and attribute sets
- Creating and managing store products
- Managing categories
- Using spreadsheets
- Customer service and order processing
- Telephone/offline orders
- Customer information
- The content management system (CMS)
- Transactional emails
- Marketing tools within Magento
- Search engine optimization for Magento
- Running multiple websites, languages, and currencies from one Magento installation
The course is delivered through a workshop and practical exercises to make sure you receive the exposure and knowledge of Magento 2 system during the training.
At the end of the course, you should:
- Have a deep understanding of Magento 2 and its features
- Be confident enough to run a Magento 2 store
- Know the depth of Magento 2 ecosystem and solution that can be plugged into your store
- Streamline the administration processes
- Implement processes that improve efficiency and reduce human error
- Become an expert Magento user
6. Magento Developer Training
The Magento 2 - Technical merchant, CLI, Theming, and Frontend Magento Developer Training is a three-day course (i.e. from 9th - 11th April 2018). It is specifically designed for people who want to go into coding and implementation aspect of Magento 2.
If you are aspiring to be a fully qualified Magento 2 frontend developer, then, this course is for you.
Above are the six best courses and resources for you to quickly master Magento 2. They are designed for individuals, developers, administrators, merchants and e-commerce managers.
It is time for you to learn Magento 2.