We are excited to announce a new version release of one of our popular extensions Bing Ads. The release includes support for Magento 2 Commerce, Magento 2 Open Source and Magento 2 Commerce Cloud platforms. In this post, I would like to highlight the main changes and bug fixes introduced in the Bing Ads version 1.1.0.
Below are the highlights for the Bing Ads 1.1.0 release.
New Bing Ads release includes both Unit Tests and Integration Tests. Our team worked really hard to provide full coverage of all scenarios and achieve 100% Unit Tests as well as 100% Integration Tests coverage. I am very proud to announce that the Bing Ads extension starting from the current 1.1.0 version is going to include tests to ensure your Magento 2 installation works well with the extension.
The Bing Ads extension includes the PHPUnit framework as a developer dependency to ensure both Unit Tests, as well as PHPCS, can be executed outside of Magento 2 installation.
We also added composer command for easy access of the Unit Tests execution as well as Coverage report.
Run Unit Tests from the extension directory:
Run Unit Tests with the Coverage report:
You may find details on how to run both Unit Tests and Integration Tests in the README.md file.
Magento 2.3 Support
Our Bing Ads extension support Magento 2.3.x Open Source, Magento 2.3.x Commerce and Magento 2.3.x Commerce Cloud edition. The support has been introduced in the version 1.0.1, however, we recommend to use the latest Bing Ads version 1.1.0 to have even higher quality of the extension.
Magento Coding Standards
Starting from the Bing Ads version 1.1.0 we added magento/magento-coding-standard package as a developer dependency to ensure the Bing Ads source code follows Magento Coding Standards.
You can verify the quality of the code by running the composer command as below:
As part of both the Bing Ads version 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 we have introduced bug fixes to ensure smooth integration between Magento 2 platform and Bing Ads system. You can read the details of the bugs below.
- Added missing magento/module-checkout dependency in composer.json
- Fixed Unit Tests
- Added 100% Unit Tests coverage
- Added 100% Integration Tests coverage
- Added strict_types usage
- Removed usage of the deprecated Magento\Framework\Option\ArrayInterface interface
- Removed direct json_encode() function usage
- Fixed 0 store_id for Currency options
- Fixed TYPO in the Tag ID comment on the configuration section
- Fixed notice error on the Stores Configuration page when the parent package is missing
- Updated README.md with tests execution instructions
- Added Magento 2.3 support
- Fixed a Conversion Currency setting does not show all Available Currencies
- Added an exception processing logic when an order can't be loaded on the order success page
- Fixed coding standards issues found with static tests
Should you have any questions, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.